Undergraduates eligible for Federal Work Study
214 Elmira Road and remote
Finger Lakes ReUse, Inc. is a nonprofit community organization committed to reducing waste, relieving poverty, and teaching green job skills through reuse activities. We are interested in having a student worker assist with our point of sale, donation management and other research projects to improve our business operations.
A combination of in-person and remote work is preferred. In-person attendance will be in our offices at 214 Elmira Road.
Finger Lakes ReUse, Inc. is a nonprofit community organization committed to reducing waste, relieving poverty, and teaching green job skills through reuse activities. Many Cornell students have had rewarding and interesting experiences working at a ReUse Center and have chosen to work with us for repeated semesters. Federal Work Study is REQUIRED for this position. Attendance to 1.5 hour long orientation is mandatory prior to start date.
Finger Lakes ReUse is an essential business and has adopted an Airborne Infectious Disease prevention plan as mandated by the NYS Department of Labor, and meets or exceeds state and local advisories.
- Conduct sales and other data analysis
- Help define key business metrics and create reporting dashboards
- Research best practices pertaining to reuse retail and/or environmental impacts of reuse
- Support the management of database platforms (Salesforce, Tableau, QBPOS customer list, etc…)
- Assist with other research and materials processing
- Other operational assistance as needed