Undergraduates eligible for Federal Work Study
262 Warren Hall, Cornell University; and remote
Friends of SFHC are academics, farmers, students, journalists, nutritionists and community members in North America who believe that the participatory, democratic, ecological, farmer-led approaches spearheaded by SFHC are critical in building a resilient food system. We consider ourselves global citizens who are interested in addressing economic, health, and social inequalities at the household, community, and national levels within the agri-food system. This long-term project of solidarity supports SFHC to build sustainable, healthy, equitable, resilient communities and food systems in Malawi through awareness raising, fundraising, knowledge exchange, and visits between North Americans and Malawian collaborators.
- Support Friends of SFHC in their advocacy and support to Soils, Food and Healthy Communities organization (SFHC) the Malawian NGO which provides training and does participatory research on agroecology, nutrition, climate change and gender for smallholder farmers in Malawi (www.soilandfood.org)
- Schedule and communicate about bi-monthly Friends of SFHC Advisory Board meetings
- Take minutes during meetings
- Update website and social media (e.g. Twitter) of SFHC
- Support Dr. Bezner Kerr and SFHC staff with any report and proposal writing for SFHC