Undergraduates eligible for Federal Work Study
2255 North Triphammer Road, Ithaca NY
Finger Lakes ReUse, Inc. is a nonprofit community organization committed to reducing waste, relieving poverty, and teaching green job skills through reuse activities. Many Cornell students have had rewarding and interesting experiences working at a ReUse Center and chosen to work with us for repeated semesters. This position will perform general operational tasks at our ReUse Center – where we retail gently used, affordable, quality furniture, household items, building materials, computers, and electronics. We keep millions of items in local use and out of the waste stream each year! The main responsibilities for this position will include helping with retail, donations and custodial aspects of the ReUse Center. Federal Work Study is REQUIRED for this position. Attendance to 1.5 hour long orientation is mandatory prior to start date.
In-person work is required.
Finger Lakes ReUse is an essential business and has adopted an Airborne Infectious Disease prevention plan as mandated by the NYS Department of Labor, and meets or exceeds state and local advisories.
- Operate register and provide customer service in an eclectic, fun environment.
- Accept donations from the public, both receiving and processing (loading and unloading vehicles, cleaning and pricing materials)
- Provide support in retail (display unique finds and organizing merchandise)
- Custodial support (cleaning, sweeping, mopping etc.)
- Other operational assistance as needed