The Einhorn Center is grateful to alumni, parents and friends who generously support our efforts and help to build a university culture where students, faculty, staff and partners work together to create a better world.
A gift of any size will help us:
- prepare students to be lifelong community-engaged leaders and changemakers
- partner with and learn from communities to create opportunities that are collaborative, impactful and mutually beneficial
- support a culture of community engagement across Cornell, where students can engage through courses, leadership development programs, internships, student group activities, research labs, living-learning environments and more
- build a university-wide network of publicly engaged teachers, scholars, advisors and mentors that keep Cornell at the cutting edge of community-engaged learning through their teaching, research and co-curricular support
- ensure community-engaged learning opportunities are available to future generations of Cornellians
In addition to financial support, alumni have an important role to play in helping mentor students and open doors for them to engage with their communities. Alumni who are interested in giving the gift of their time should complete this survey to let us know how they would like to connect with and support current students.
“Nearly 30 years ago, the Public Service Center instilled in me the passion to volunteer through its community outreach programs in Ithaca. Today the Einhorn Center offers me the opportunity to contribute not only to Cornell but on a broader scale to help enable students, faculty and staff to volunteer and support communities around the world.”
—Livia Wei Nguyen ’97
“We are excited to support the David M. Einhorn Center for Community Engagement so students, faculty and staff can find connections to a diverse array of public service opportunities that support surrounding communities, as well as communities in far-flung corners of the world. This certainly supports the vision of Ezra Cornell … to do the greatest good.”
—Ron and Lorraine Skalko
“As a first-gen student from a relatively low-income background, transitioning to Cornell was challenging for me. Through POST and the Center – and the students and staff I met there – I found a home base to be challenged, supported, vulnerable, validated and excited about making a difference. It’s important to not take for granted the special places and people in college who really help you get through. I know I’m not alone in feeling grateful so many years later.”
—Shane Dunn ’07
Tax-deductible gifts can be made securely online, by mail or over the phone:
- Make an online gift to the Einhorn Center.
- Mail your check to Cornell University, Box 37334, Boone, IA 50037-0334
- (Please make checks payable to Cornell University and be sure to note for “Einhorn Center” in the check memo.)
- Call 1-800-279-3099 to give your credit card information to a member of Cornell’s giving staff.
Please note that Cornell University accepts gifts of cash and securities, stock or mutual fund shares, bonds and bequests. Your company may also match qualifying donations to nonprofit organizations. For more information on the many ways to make a gift, please visit our Ways to Give page.
Multi-year gifts are one important source of support for the Einhorn Center to quickly respond to campus and community needs and to plan ahead.