Loaves & Fishes
This Opportunity At a Glance
Preferably at least one shift per week
Voted many times as the “Best Place to Volunteer in Ithaca,” Loaves & Fishes is a community kitchen that serves free meals to all in need. Volunteers are needed to assist with meal preparation, service & clean-up. There are many shifts available:
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- First shift: 9:00 – 11:30 a.m. (prepare the meal and set up)
- Second shift: 11:15 a.m. – 2:15 p.m. (set up, serve and clean up)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays
- First shift: 2:30 – 5:00 p.m. (prepare the meal and set up)
- 4:45 – 7:45 p.m. (serving and clean up)
Volunteers may take shifts for as long as they are available, preferably at least once per week. No special skills required except a strong desire to assist those in need and willingness to work on a variety of tasks.
Register to volunteer at loaves.org and for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org .