If you have an upbeat and positive attitude, strong oral communication skills and a passion for teaching and learning, we want you to become a Sciencenter volunteer! You will receive ongoing opportunities to grow and gain skills within the organization. Science content expertise is not required.
Before you are eligible to volunteer, you must:
- Fill out an application. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Complete an “Explore Session” (a 30-minute self-guided exploration of the museum). Regular admission fees are waived for Explore Sessions.
- Have a successful 20-30 minute interview. If your application is accepted, the Volunteer Programs Manager will contact you to schedule.
- Attend a New Volunteer Orientation/Training, held monthly.
Contact email@example.com with any questions!
- Education Programming Assistant: Enhance the guest experience by facilitating hands-on activities, supporting memorable interactions with exhibits and helping to maintain a safe, clean museum environment for all.
- Animal Room/Tidepool Touch Tank Facilitator: Introduce our guests to teaching reptiles and Tidepool Touch Tank inhabitants. Training in these areas is available to experienced volunteers.
- Special Events: Individual and group volunteers are needed for 2-4 hour shifts at special events, which generally take place on weekends and weekday evenings. Events include Spooky Science in October, featured Saturday Showtimes!, and various outreach appearances throughout the year.
- Community Work-Study
- Internships: Hoping to complete an internship requirement? Send a cover letter, resume, and description of your skills and interest areas to firstname.lastname@example.org