Ensure all necessary eligibility paperwork is complete.
Ensure your issued Sponsored NetID is active and you can log in to Workday.
Schedule a supervisor orientation with the CWSP Coordinator to review detailed hiring and recruitment process in Workday.
Employer Share of Wages (Billing)
Cornell is considered the “paymaster” only; the hiring organization is the “employer” and responsible for supervising and confirming hours worked.
FWS through CWSP funds 75% of a student’s gross wages, and the employer funds the remaining 25%. Eligible jobs through the America Reads/Counts Challenge initiative, in which student-employees tutor Pre-K through 9th-grade students in reading or math or coordinate such a tutoring program, can be funded at 100%.
Bills are sent at the end of each term. Payment is expected within 30 days of billing notice. Late payments will affect an agency’s ability to post jobs and hire students, and, in extreme cases, can result in collection procedures being enacted by the university.
Important: Employers are Billed 100% of Student Wages if Any of the Following Occur:
Student works prior to being appointed via Workday.
Workday time is submitted after the academic-year or summer employment-term for which they were hired has ended.
For more information about hiring a student, payroll, or billing, please contact the CWSP Coordinator.