- Contact the employer/supervisor directly who is listed on the job posting.
- Be prepared for an interview that could include a review of the job description, tasks, and responsibilities associated with the job, relevant skills, experience, or coursework.
- Discuss scheduling, whether they want you to work during breaks, transportation needs, your extracurricular/co-curricular activities, the office dress code, and the employer’s preference for communication so that each of you is clear on expectations and your availability.
- Be sure to tell the employer if you work at another Cornell job(s) or plan on finding another job for the employment term (academic year or summer), so the employer understand that wages will be earned from multiple jobs.
- Other helpful interview resources can be found on the Career Service Interview Preparation Page.
About CWSP CWSP Current Job Postings For Students
Student Eligibility Finding a Job Interview Tips If You Receive a Job Offer Hiring Instructions End of EmploymentFor Community Partners Campus Partners Summer Work Study Payroll Instructions and Policies Program Resources & Policies for Students & Employers Important CWSP Program Dates